Project Development is managed by the Project Management function that interacts with Customers and Suppliers from early offer confirmation to final part validation.
Project Development acts with a Co-design approach, collaborating with both the Customer and the Suppliers in order to offer the best solution to the technical requirements, type of application to be implemented, established time to market, production volumes and lead time.
Depending on project complexity, advancement steps can include the following:
- Feasibility Analysis and Project Requirements Definition
- Selection of Polymeric Materials
- 3D Design and Modeling
- Product and Process Fluid Dynamics Simulation
- FEM Analysis
- DFM – Design for Manufacturing
- Risk Analysis
- Product and Process FMEA
- Design Review on Customer’s Project
- Prototyping – 3D Printing
Preliminary selection of polymers
With a vast productive and sectoral diversification, GHEPI employs a wide range of thermoplastic polymers.
The selection of polymers is a crucial step in the development of the project and in achieving the result. GHEPI performs it with technical-scientific criteria, strong in-depth know-how and partnership with its Suppliers.
Polymers are selected in the most suitable formulation for the designed application, from the polymer matrix to specific reinforcements, load and functional additives, including: spheres, short fibers and long fiber glass, mineral fillers, molybdenum, disulphide, kevlar, silicone, PTFE, carbon fibers, stainless steel fibers, graphite, magnets, phosphorous, anti-static, anti-UV, anti-bacterial, self-extinguishing compounds.
In GHEPI we believe in collaboration and in the importance of offering a highly personalized Engineering service to our Customers.
Therefore, based on specific technical requirements we are able to address a wide range of preliminary project requirements:
- Dimensional stability
- Centesimal geometric and dimensional tolerances
- Mechanical resistance
- Thermal resistance from -40 to 210 °C in air, up to 110 °C in water, up to 100 °C in oil
- Resistance to chemical and atmospheric agents (aging)
- Hydrolysis / glycol resistance
- Low friction coefficient and abrasion resistance (tribology)
- Slipping Creep Flow
- Shielding electromagnetic waves (Faraday Cage)
- Weight reduction
- Cost and lead-time reduction
- Insert molding of metal, plastic, fabric components
- Bonding of plastic to metal and alloys
- Design constraints
- Environmental sustainability
- Food-safe and non-toxicity requirements
- Flame retardancy and self-extinguishment (UL94 from HB to 5VA)
- Compliance with industry regulations and relative proof and approval tests.
Finding a Mechanical Design Studio that combines theory with great direct experience in the industrialization of complex components in polymeric and technopolymeric materials is not easy.
GHEPI’s Technical Engineering Department is a valuable partner to be entrusted for the design of Components and Molds.
The Engineering service offers the opportunity to collaborate with our specialized Engineering and Project Management Team in a way that is independent from mold construction and component manufacturing.